What We Do
Oomnitza helps companies manage, track and optimize the physical assets in their businesses. These assets may be traditional IT equipment such as computers, mobile phones, monitors, and servers. Or they may be non-traditional corporate assets, whether aerial mapping systems, kegs, solar panels... the list is really endless. The explosion in devices caused by the Internet of Things revolution is significantly increasing the scale of this problem and the opportunity for better device management.
Oomnitza provides a software platform that automates and optimizes the management of all the ‘machines’ that power an organization. We help our customers automate processes around buying machines, receiving machines, deploying assets to customers or other end-users, maintaining security of corporate information, tracking inventory, servicing equipment, staying on top of software license usage and providing a holistic view to assets in the organization.
Why We Need You
Our customer count is growing rapidly and with it the demands on our engineering organization. We work with a technology partner and need an experienced manager to drive productivity, quality and innovation.
Python (Pyramid), HTML, CSS3, JS, React, Java (Android), Objective-C (iOS), Gunicorn, Nginx, Ubuntu, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Amazon Web Services
- Manage outsourced international engineering organization
- Ensure maximum productivity and quality
- Be the liaison between customer requests and engineering
- Continuously look for ways to improve the overall practice of the engineering organization to increase throughput, improve quality, and reduce time to market
- Willingness to drive the team hard to ensure that we can keep the pace of innovation high, maintain high quality standards and utilize our scarce engineering resources to their fullest potential
- Get product shipped on time and to quality, while keeping process well aligned with our business goals
- Reports directly to the co-founder and CTO
- Experience leading outsourced global development teams in large scale system programs
- Demonstrated technical leadership and team building skills
- Proven ability to ship a product/solution as the key responsible individual
- Excellent understanding of OO design, data structures, and REST/SOAP APIs
- The desire to mentor and build a great culture of top talent and innovation
This is a once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity to get on-board a fast-growing business with a proven market-leading solution. We are a no-nonsense, work hard, play hard kind of team. The person must be open to travel to visit our development partner.